Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2007 for Email Access
This article assumes that you have already created an email address.
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Select the Tools menu and click Account Settings.
- Select E-mail under Account Settings and click New.
- Under the Choose E-mail Service menu, select Microsoft Exchange, POP, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types under the Auto Account Setup page.
- Click Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Provide your User Information under the Internet E-mail Settings page:
- Your Name: Enter the name you want to use for email correspondence
- Email Address: Enter the email address you created in cPanel
- Provide the following information under Server Information:
- Account Type: select POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming and Outgoing mail server.
- Provide the following information under Logon Information:
- User Name: Enter the email address you created in cPanel
- Password: Enter the password for the email address. You can also choose to have Outlook save your password using Remember password
- Provide your Internet E-Mail Settings under More Settings:
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication under the Outgoing Server tab
- Select SSL under Use the following type of encrypted connection for Incoming server (IMAP) or Incoming server (POP3)
- Select TLS under User the following type of encrypted connection for Outgoing server (SMTP) and click OK.
- If you are using POP3 you can choose to keep a copy of your messages on the server or not by using the Leave a copy of your messages on the server setting under Delivery
- Click Next on the Add New E-mail Settings page
- Click Finish on the Congratulations page
- Close the Account Settings dialog box and close the Account Settings page
- If you are using IMAP a message will prompt you if you want to download folders for the mail server. We recommend clicking Yes, and you can use the Outlook interface to select which folders you want to synchronize between your computer and the server, and then click OK